Marvel’s cinematic universe – as we know it and love it – started with the first Iron Man film in 2008 and has been followed by a long line of blockbuster hit after blockbuster hit; nevertheless, Iron Man is the OG of the Marvel Universe. Tony Stark is the sass-talking, hard-hitting, and tough-love kind of leader that every Avenger needs. He always knows just the right thing to say.
In fact, here are a few of our favorite Iron Man moments from the new film Avengers: Infinity War:
1) “You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today. Take your tractor beam and skedaddle.”
Hear that Thanos? You’re not invited to this party.
2) “If Thanos needs all six, why don't we just stick this one down a garbage disposal?”
That’s thinking outside the box, Tony! Hide that Infinity Stone in the couch or something.
3) "Wong, you're invited to my wedding."
Tony never forgets the people who help him. Plus, he gives the best parties! So, it’s a win win for Wong.
4) “Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of wizards.”
Poor Hulk. Wizards never forget too…
5) “Ah, he's from space, he came to steal a necklace from a wizard!”
Tony, always cool as a cucumber.
6) "It means get lost Squidward!"
SpongeBob SquarePants, reference? OMG Iron Man is the Mr. Krabs of the Marvel Universe. Minds. Blown.
7) [to Dr. Strange] "What is your job besides making balloon animals?"
Oh snap! Steven Strange does not appreciate clown jokes.
8) "[to Dr. Strange] Did you seriously just say “hitherto hundredth of?"
Tony, always keeping it real.
9) "And I swore off dairy, but Ben & Jerry’s named a flavor after me, so…"
A man after our own heart. Ice-cream, you’re our hero!
10) "Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"
He has such amazing manners too! Sigh.
It's time to celebrate all your favorite Iron Man moments on his 10th Anniversary! We hope there is cake and ice cream (oh please let Ben & Jerry's have an Iron Man ice cream in the works) and a Fifth Sun tee!